Showing the single result
Cubic Zirconia Coloured Drop Earrings€10.00 – €17.00
Buy Cubic Zirconia Earrings Online
Second to expensive diamonds, not much can beat the eye-catching sparkle of hypoallergenic cubic zirconia earrings. Their elegant simplicity demonstrates the class of the wearer. While women around the globe regard them as the little black dress of jewellery, men who wear them are perceived as attractively confident in their masculinity.
Why Choose Cubic Zirconia Earrings?
The most common reason people choose cubic zirconias is the price point. While just as beautiful as diamonds, CZ earrings are much more affordable.
One advantage is that you get all the brilliance without fear of losing a costly gem – giving you the freedom to wear your nickel free cubic zirconia earrings all day, every day!
Another is that high quality cubic zirconia earrings look like the real deal, but are free of the potential taint of war, unethical mining practices, gross human rights violations, including forced labour and torture, child and slave labour.
After examining the ethics behind lab-made gemstones diamond earrings just do not sit as comfortably.
Are Cubic Zirconias Real?
Banish fake news! A cubic zirconia is real… it is just not a diamond.
Made of the mineral zirconium dioxide, a small number of CZs have been uncovered in nature although that is rare. Those used in jewellery have almost all been synthesised in a lab.
Thanks to the progress in high-end technologies, cubics can be manufactured and cut to improve the gemstones’ quality.
To tell the difference between diamond earrings and the best quality cubic zirconia earrings:
- Compare them under natural light. Because light passes through the two very differently, a diamond has a higher refractive index which means that it reflects back more light. A cubic zirconia, on the other hand, has a higher dispersion rate which is what gives off a rainbow effect.
- Interestingly, these man made gems do not conduct heat and are roughly 1.7 times heavier than a diamond of the same dimensions.
- The hardness and durability of CZs is less than those of a diamond, so it is important that you take good care of them before swimming, bathing, or showering.
- Although a bit of water won’t harm nickel free CZ earrings, saltwater as well as soap, chlorine and other chemicals in the water will. For that reason, it is best to remove them before swimming, bathing, or showering.
- Likewise, make-up and hairspray should not come into contact with your cubic zirconia earrings.
- Every two to three months, use a gentle brush and hot soapy water to gently clean them. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a soft cloth.
If you are looking for the widest selection of hypoallergenic cubic zirconia earrings, check out the Ear Sense online earring store. Start shopping now!