What to do when your earrings get stuck? First, don’t panic. Second, read our tips below. Here is a quick guide to help you to remove stuck earrings in the safest way possible.
Why Is My Earring Stuck?
Unfortunately, earrings can sometimes get stuck especially if your piercings are new. When your earlobe heals, fluid flows through your piercings which can harden or make your skin tight. The result is difficulty removing earrings.
How To Remove Stuck Earrings
The good news is you can remove your earrings yourself following a few steps. Be gentle when performing this manoeuvre.
- Wash your hands with warm water and antibacterial soap.
- Wet a cotton swab with warm water.
- Apply the cotton swab to the front of the earring and then the back of the earring.
- Soak another swab in disinfectant and repeat the previous step 3
- Use one hand to grab the back of the earring and the other hand to grab your earlobe.
- Turn the clasp with a gentle circular motion.
- Turn the clasp back and forth then tug gently to release it.
- Use a clean swab to properly clean out the area.
Removing Butterfly Or Safety Back Earrings
If you have an ear-piercing, with a butterfly or safety back earrings, simply try gently wiggling the earring until it comes to a point where you can gently remove it.
It is important to be gentle to avoid infection and serious injury to your earlobe. If you cannot get your earring unstuck, it’s best to seek professional help. If you experience pain or have swollen and red ears, you likely have sensitive ears or you are experiencing an allergic reaction to the earring material. Seek professional medical help to treat and remove the earring, then purchase a pair of sensitive earrings from our EarSense range. We use hypoallergenic material to ensure that your skin has no adverse reaction when you are getting your ears pierced and after.
Now that you know what to do when your earrings get stuck, purchase our range of sensitive earrings by visiting our website today!